Premier Edition Handbook - First Printing - pg. 130
Premier Edition Handbook - Second Printing - pg. 106
All Trail Life USA programs must be conducted using the Safe Aquatics Method.
- All adults and youth who participate in aquatic activities must have a complete and up-to-date health history on file.
- All aquatics activities must have qualified and trustworthy adult supervision.
- Every person must have a buddy with him at all times.
- Areas approved for swimming and water games must be checked for obstacles and segregated into non-swimming (up to chest deep for your shortest non-swimmer) an swimmer area (up to 12 feet deep). An optional beginner area up to around 5-6 feet deep may also be established.
- Only those who have passed their Trail Life USA swimming competency test at the swimmer level may venture into the swimmer area or participate in other aquatics activities.
- All water games and other aquatics activities require a safety orientation and a skill orientation or associated trail badge before participation.
- All aquatics activities other than swimming, water games, snorkeling, and scuba require the wearing of an approved personal flotation device (PFD).
- Proper discipline and adherence to the pool or waterfront rules are required at all times. No horseplay!